Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Tuesday's Blog


Tuesday is another busy day. We did our self-introduction two more times, and I hope we’re not going to do it again. In teacher’s Becky’s class, we discussed about gender stereotypes; in teacher Lana’s class, we brainstormed our ideas for the presentation several weeks later. After a long, tiring class, I went to play basketball with other members in the NTGx program. Being able to play my favorite sport in a foreign country is great, even though I had spasms on my right leg shortly after the games. The members in the program played surprisingly well, and I couldn’t wait to play with them again. The next activity was going to Trampoline park. It was an amazing place with numerous thrilling stuffs to do. We unleashed ourselves, jumping high into the air, and the most exciting activity to me was playing dodgeball on the trampolines. I played so wild out there that I had spasms on my left leg during the furious competition, and also broke someone’s glasses as I tripped over. I felt truly sorry for that and hope he would be fine. From then on, I would define trampoline as an extreme sport if anyone asks me about that. We stayed until approximately 9 o’clock with our belly still empty. I felt a sense of sadness as I put my shoes back on and leaped, a normal jump without the help of a trampoline was undoubtedly disappointing. Finally, we had our dinner in a fantastic Taiwanese restaurant. The food was great and I was glad that I could savor the cuisines from my country in the music of familiar Chinese songs in Vancouver. It was another pleasant day in Vancouver, and it would be even better if I didn’t get work to do back home. - Kenny Huang

No comments:

Post a Comment